This is the all-new TREMEC TKX 5-speed overdrive manual transmission. The TKX replaces the legendary TKO 5-speed and features major shift quality improvements in a more compact size for better tunnel fit. Models for Chevy, Ford, Mopar, and many more.
The TKX is conservatively rated for 600ft-lbs of torque with oversized gears and five integrated shaft supports to withstand higher shock loads. New hybrid synchros allow shifts up to 8000rpms, a vast improvement over the outgoing TKO.
The new TKX carries over familiar features like multiple shift positions, mechanical and electronic speedo outputs and a reverse light switch.
GM and Ford models offer several gear set options to match your project goals. All models are compatible with mechanical or our hydraulic clutch release systems.
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engine speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See chart below).
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels. All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations. Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.