Hays Twister Full Race Torque Converters feature a custom designed anti-balloon plate to stop any converter ballooning and swelling in racing situations. These torque converters are designed for use with a trans-brake and great for power adders such as nitrous, superchargers, and turbos. They are available with various RPM stall speed offerings to accommodate any mixture of modifications including higher compression ratios, aftermarket camshafts, aftermarket cylinder heads, lower gear ratios, and vehicle weight loss.
- All Full Race series converters are built, tested, and proven to support up to 1,000 horsepower
- Features a custom anti-balloon plate designed to stop potential torque converter ballooning
- Designed to handle the extreme shock and abuse of trans-brakes, nitrous oxide, superchargers, and turbochargers
- State of the art Spray Welding process is used in select areas. Spray Welding provides clean, strong and consistent fusion while also increasing strength through hardening from higher process temperature
- Each converter is hand-built and inspected in every step of assembly to ensure top of the line quality
- All Hays torque converters are internally welded compared to brazing. Testing has shown welding provides longer converter life while also enhancing consistency
- Heavy duty Torrington bearings are used for greater strength and durability
- Stators are chosen with high flow vents and channels to promote cooling in heat producing higher horsepower applications
- Increased horsepower and acceleration due to a weight saving, one application design. Almost all Hays converters are built for one application to reduce weight compared to a multi-bolt pattern converter.
- Full Race series torque converters are offered in several different stall speeds for popular automatic transmissions
- Industry leading Tech Support Team is available to provide assistance with stall speed selection
This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles and Racing Use Only Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
The following vehicles are considered Racing Use Only Vehicles:
- Racing Use Only Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for competition and that are not registered and that may never be used on the street
|Crank Pilot Diameter
|Use with Power Adder
|Use with Trans-Brake