82-2002 Camaro / Firebird Hawks Custom 8.8 Rear End Assembly
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR REAR END WILL NOT COME FILLED WITH FLUIDS.
BASE PACKAGE STARTING AT $2345.00 Assembled or $2095 Unassembled. SAVE $250 WHEN YOU ORDER THE 8.8 IN A CRATE, UN-ASSEMBLED.
Hawks Custom 82-2002 Camaro / Firebird 8.8 Rear End Assembly, Available in Custom Width
Now offering Hawks Custom 82-2002 Direct Bolt In 8.8 Rear End Assembly. Offering OE Ring & Pinion, with little to no rear wheel power loss, quiet gear operation & one of the strongest rears on the market. Will accept any OE or aftermarket brakes. Customer must supply brake backing plates or you can purchase them from us for $300.00. If you select the option "I will be sending in backing plates as core." You will be charged and we will refund you for the backing plates once we receive your cores.
Mail your LS1 backing plates to Hawks Motorsports 937 Pelzer Hwy Easley, SC 29642. Please include your name and phone number.
Call today for more information 1-864-855-2694.
Ships truck freight. Call or email for a quote.
IF YOU PURCHASE THE 8.8 UNASSEMBLED, YOU ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PROPER ASSEMBLY AND ARE AWARE YOU MUST BE MECHANICALLY INCLINED OR TAKE IT TO A REPUTABLE AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN TO DO THE INSTALL. THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED.
Base Package Includes:
- Year, Make & Model
- Length: 4th Gen, 3rd Gen, or Custom Narrowed
- Brakes: 93-97 LT1 style or 98-2002 LS1 style (All 82-92 cars MUST USE LT1 style brakes)-
Customer must supply brake backing plates.- Mail with your order ID/#, Phone Number and Name to Hawks Third Generation 937 Pelzer Hwy Easley, SC 29642
- Gear: 3.08, 3.15, 3.27, 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10, 4.56
- 31 Spline Axles (or 33 Spline with True Trac or 35 Spline with Spool) NOTE: FRICTION MODIFIER NOT NEEDED FOR WAVE TRAC OR TRUE TRAC.
- TracLock Posi (only good up to 450RWHP) or Spool
- Stock Cover
- 1350 Yoke
- 1350 Conversion U-Joint N447 (If you have a factory 3rd gen aluminum driveshaft, you will need 1350 Conversion U-Joint Moog 448)
- Bare Steel
- Bearing Kit
- Preload Spacer
- Crush Collar
- LCA Relocation Brackets
- Posi Unit Upgrade: True Trac, Yukon Duralock Street, Yukon Duralock Pro, Wave Trac NOTE: FRICTION MODIFIER NOT NEEDED FOR WAVE TRAC OR TRUE TRAC.
- Ring and Pinion Upgrade Options: Leightweight high polished ring with 4 pounds removed, ADDS 2 WEEKS TO ORDER.
- TA Cover With Hawks Motorsports Logo
- Sway Bar Brackets
- ABS/TCS for 93-2002 cars
- BAER 4/6Piston Rear Brake Kit with drilled and slotted rotors. For an overveiw of each kit click this link: Link to BAER Brake Kit information.
- Wilwood 4Piston Rear Brake Kit with drilled and slotted rotors. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH TCS 4 CHANNEL. For an overview of this kit click this link: Link to Wilwood Brake Kit information
- Billet Backing Plates for LT1 cars
- 82-92 LS1/LT1 Rear End Swap E-Brake Cables RECOMMENDED - HT-SR047-56
- Hard Brake Lines - New stainless steel brake lines not only look better but fits the 8.8 better than the originals that were designed for a 10 bolt.
NOTE: Video states that $1995.00 is the base price. This is no longer correct. There was a price change on parts so the starting price is $2250.00
It's been perfect for daily use
I've got about 3,000 miles on mine so far from daily driving it. Hawks is a great team, I thank Ryan for staying after hours to allow me to pick up my new rear end in person(I drove about 7 hours because I couldn't buy with a card and had nowhere to ship it to). It's a 31 spline tru trac with 3.73's with the stock driveshaft using the supplied conversion u-joint. My LS1 was putting down about 385rwhp with the 10 bolt/T56 and it's been taking a beating and still getting me home just fine. We're talking long steady drives to work(about 25mi to and from), keeping it in 3rd/4th gear while taking high speed curves out in the windy country roads, burnouts, donuts, racing from light to light, hard pulls on the highway, all your typical f-body things I've done without issue and it still makes it to and from work every day no problem. FOLLOW HAWKS BREAK IN AND FLUID CHANGE PROCEDURE. You will need a second car to break in properly unless you live close to work/school, don't get negligent with break in drives and fluid changes. Mine has some whine at certain RPM/MPH/GEAR's but I think it might be from negligence on my part during break in, but it's only gotten quiter since the 2nd fluid change and can't hear it anymore at a constant 55mph or greater! I had to tighten the hardware on the diff cover because it had a slight leak(no big deal) and the vent tube after driving it for about 100 miles on a hot day started coughing up fluid so I ran a hose from it to the drivers side and put RTV around the base for safe measure. No more leaks. Make sure you get an adjustable panhard bar to line the rear end up so one wheel isn't more inward than the other(my stock one had issues fitting so I replaced it during install). You have to get creative with mounting the brake line, I used stainless steel zipties. Also, be sure the supplied u-joint grease fitting is facing toward the front of the car and not toward the pinion. Mine was smacking the pinion and would cause it to be undriveable from the shutter. I'm completely satisfied with the quality of this rear end and hawks customer service/quality!
New rear looked great! Happy with build quality and finish. Install shop said it went right in with no surprises! Car hooks much better! 3.73 nice improvement over stock.
Very pleased with hawks in customer service and the product, shipped quick and this rear end us very nicely put together, night and day difference from stock to 3.73 ratio, tight diff unit drives amazing, only thing i had to.do extra was mod my e brake cable.bracket that bolted to lca bracket. No problem though
Great rearend, installed like a glove and functions perfectly very pleased with it. Would recommend this rear end to anyone looking to upgrade from the stock 7.5".